The K.I.S Self-Publishing Course
"Keeping It Simple"
People asked – I had to provide the opportunity!
This simple yet in-depth course will help those who:
This simple yet in-depth course will help those who:
- Wants to know more about writing & self-publishing…
- Already self-published with someone else but
would like to do another book to learn for themselves…
- Has a book to birth and want to learn to do it without breaking the bank!
- 3 weeks of in-depth teaching on writing and self-publishing!
- A live, teleconference session with me!
- Engagement and being well-informed!
- Guaranteed start on your upcoming book (so you can start letting people know your book is coming)!
- Homework assigned each week to ensure that you are prepared!
LESSON 1: Create Book Marketing Plan with Target Reader Identified!
- Review comprehensive ideas and methods to help market your book
- Identify your target reader
lesson 2: Online Tools are the G.O.A.T!
- Review the amazing tools available that makes the self-publishing process seamless AND affordable!
- Complete registration on the necessary websites that will propel you forward to becoming a published author
lesson 3: Get It Done!
- Learn about how to organize your writing so it helps reduce overall time on writing your book
- Set a target completion date
- Hire or get help where needed
- Complete a page or chapter of your book
Additional resources included for this course:
- Receive the digital copy of the ‘Yes, You Can Self-Publish’ 2nd Edition by Latonia Price
- FREE interior (manuscript) Microsoft Word template measured at the standard 6x9 formatting (no need to try and figure out the margins or anything)
- Automatically enrolled in the FREE 12 month K.I.S Self-Publisher’s Accountability Club – receive emails each month to help you stay focused, encouraged, and motivated to finish birthing your book
Contact me for details on scheduling your personal class sessions TODAY!
How much does it cost to self-publish?
There’s no real dollar amount because everyone’s purpose is different. There are methods to self-publish your book where it costs you nothing! Yep – absolutely free! Now, free does mean doing a lot of DIY (do it yourself) but it’s not impossible. I’ve never spent more than a $1000 (or even came close to it) for any books I’ve self-published. That included the investments for marketing, book cover design, editor and proofreader, etc. Don’t allow money to be an excuse!
Do I need a computer to join this course?
To gain the most impact, yes. However, you don’t need one in order to join and participate. In fact, I use Free Conference Call as the application. This company offers a free mobile app to download and join any conference! The app is available on both Android and iOS smart tools, e.g. phone, tablet, etc. So, you don’t need a full computer and/or laptop – if you have a table or smartphone, just download the free app and you’ll be set!
Is self-publishing really that popular and profitable?
Self-publishing, or being an author, is starting a small business. It will take time and intentional work on your behalf. The self-publishing (or indie author) industry is gaining A LOT of attention and momentum. As far as profitable: what is your definition of profitable? If you mean obtaining millions after your book hits Amazon, then you may be disappointed. However, if you mean making an impact in lives of those who reads your book, then you will NEVER be disappointed! Will you make a profit from your book? Yes – but see the answer to the next question…
Will I get rich from selling books?
NO! That might have been harsh but I’d rather tell the truth than make it a pretty lie. Any author that you know does something else in conjunction with their book, e.g. public speaking, coaching, teaching, outreach ministry, etc. The book alone won’t generate millions BUT the unlimited possibilities will begin to open up because of the book! This is why it’s important to have a marketing plan in mind because most people believe their 1st book should become the NY Time Bestseller. But statically, it takes multiple books before reaching that mark (I believe it’s like the 8th book or something like that). Why? Because you’re normally still building momentum and the people who are purposed to connect with you are still waiting. THEN --- You must know what your definition of success is! Some people don’t want to make millions per say. They want to be stable and a good amount of money available to enjoy life but that doesn’t mean millions.
Do I need to type out my book?
In order to effectively self-publish, yes. We are in a technology-driven era and most people who start their own business did it via a computer. There aren’t too many businesses (corporate to small) that doesn’t depend on technology at some point. It will make the process of becoming a published author go a lot smoother if you type out your book.
What if I don’t have a home computer?
Visit your local library, use your work computer on your designated lunch break, or whatever creative way you can. Microsoft Word even offers a free mobile app – type on your smartphone or tablet! If you type up using a non-personal computer, be sure to get a flash drive or some type of mobile storage device to save your work. If you have Google email, OneDrive, Dropbox, or some type of cloud drive then you can use that too. Think creatively! It make take more time and effort to go to a library to work on your book but if you are passionate about birthing your book, you’ll do what is necessary to get it done!
What if I don’t have Microsoft (MS) Word?
There are various word processing applications available. The reason I suggest Microsoft Word is because it’s the most compatible format that most online self-publishing companies will accept (when you upload your files). I know other formats are acceptable but MS Word is the best to use. I know there are free versions that are similar. However, in my opinion, it’s so affordable to get that software now. I literally pay just $11/month to have the entire Office suite on my home laptop! That’s just $.37/day! Who doesn’t have $.37 a day?!?! I’m not a spokesperson or anything – I just know dependable computer software when I see it! Plus, this includes the OneDrive cloud storage which is great when working on a project and you need to access it from anywhere!